Parallel Universes and Alternate Dimensions.

Humans are one clever species. Having spent about two million years on planet earth, I guess we've managed to pick up a thing or two on living. Like how to justify everything life throws our way. If things are going the way we want them to, then we tell ourselves we deserve it, no doubt about it. And if something bad happens, we find a thousand and one reasons to assure ourselves that it was ultimately for the best, or to use Dumbledore's words, that it must have been for 'the greater good'. But the question is, was it really? Are we ever really in a position to judge what could have been better or worse for us when we don't even know what never happened? 
The other day, my cousin was talking to me about parallel universes, about how each of us has got a double living in some alternate dimension who does the exact opposite of what we do in the real world. So if I go left when I'm walking down a street, my double goes right in his world. Okay, so as cool as this sounds, I'm relatively sure it is and will never be nothing more than a sci-fi fantasy. But it got me thinking about parallel universes. Maybe the Wajiha there is a lot more courageous than the one on earth, maybe she's an artist or a published author by now, or maybe she's married to the right guy and is raising a family. She could be anything. 
The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes it's hard to keep telling yourself that everything that happens, no matter how horrible, is for a reason and will eventually lead us to the place we want to be in life. It's hard when you start thinking about parallel/alternate universes/dimensions and how the you there might have done - and got - everything you didn't do and get here in the real world and is all the more happy for it. But then again, there's really nothing else we can do about it except reassure ourselves that some sacrifices must be made and some pain must be borne for us to get anywhere in life. While writing this post, I suddenly realized something. The greater good does exist. It's with God. We need to accept that, we need to adopt that belief with certainty, otherwise there's really no hope for the human race. So I'll say it again; I BELIEVE!

Comments

Wajiha Maryam said…
I'm glad you think so:)

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you, Mark Zuckerberg!

Waiting For Afternoon Chai

It's time to be a big girl now...