It's Safe to Say I Still Watch Sesame Street!

The best thing about growing up in the Internet Age is that you're old enough to pick out the best parts of your childhood and replay them over and over again. For me, that was Sesame Street, PBS Kids Arthur, and Chris Van Allsburg books. I took a day off from university and spent my afternoon watching old Arthur episodes (which, suprisingly, still make me laugh) and listening to Sesame Street music videos. I also happen to be 21 and counting. : P

Seriously, we all need more of this. 
We all sing with the same voice, the same song. We all sing with the same voice, and we sing in harmony.


I used to love listening to this back then, but I never understood how powerful its message was until now. Maybe because the world around me seems to be more intolerant than the one I remember growing up in?

I remember Chris Van Allsburg's stories mainly because of the beautiful, unsettling illustrations. His stories were for kids, but there seemed to be a deeper, darker meaning lurking behind each, always beyond my grasp.




The Sweetest Fig haunted me. It's a story about a well-to-do dentist who destroys his life because of his insatiable lust for more and more. Pretty heavy stuff for a 3rd-grader.
I wish I could find these books here! I'd love to read them again!











All in all, I had a great childhood. : )

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow Nice and delight ful post i like it keep posting!

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For Afternoon Chai

Thank you, Mark Zuckerberg!

It's time to be a big girl now...